Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya (Not applicable)     05 October 2017

Maintenance case

Hello,

I have filed the Maintenance case on my husband a few years back. He did not obey the Court rules, got disappeared from the house, did not take the summons and did not even appear to the Court during the case. The respected Court made several attempts and finally sanctioned the Maintenance to me. Now he filed a petition in High court to set aside the case. Can someone guide me on the next steps on the Maintenance case?

Learning

10 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     05 October 2017

Mam, 

Have u received the copy of the High Court Petition, Can u share it on advocate.kapilc@gmail.com for correct opinion. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     05 October 2017

You can either challenge the maintainability of the Petition in High court as the first option is to move the lower court which passed the order to have it set aside.  Or else, you can appear in the High Court and contest it.  Mention the arrears at the outset and pray that the Court direct him to clear a certain percentage of the arrears before he is heard.   

1 Like

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     05 October 2017

You file execution petition in trial court for execution of trial court order awarding maintenance. Simultaneously in high court point out the conduct of husband and also non payment of awarded maintenance. Consult a competent lawyer.

Hello Kapil Ji,

I am still waiting to get the copy of High court petition.

Will forward it to you as soon as I receive.

Thank you!

Hello Kumar Uncle,

I did not understand on why you have replied as such to my comment.

Please understand that it's a girl life who suffered and also wanted to get rid of the past. As I have already suffered a lot and do not want to loose my life for a person who doesn't care for his wife

Anyways thank you for your suggestion.

Hello Radhika Ji,

Thank you so much for your suggestion!

Hello Siddharth Ji,

Thank you so much for your suggestion!

Sk Rajjak Hossain   07 October 2017

Your main moto to get money from murga those are filled with golden egg. You women are so smart to misuges the law. Please act happily with family to serve better india.
1 Like

Priya (Not applicable)     10 October 2017

@ Rajjak Hossain... please don't blame the woman without knowing the facts. Men are cheating women for dowry and for other reasons. They are ready to marry another woman and not giving any value for marriage. Marriage is a bond between bride and groom for life long. They both should understand and maintain the family. Men should also play an equal role to serve the better family and India.

Sk Rajjak Hossain   12 October 2017

Priya ji.... Thank you for ur update.... Kindly clarify below details... 1. If mans are cheating with women then why the misusages % is so high in india.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register