LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     01 April 2015

Maintenance after mcd decree

Can my wife claim maintenance from me after mutual consent divorce is accepted by court. If yes, how long should I have to pay maintenance? 

Unde which section can she claim maintenance? 

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

if you are healthy and able to work and earn money, and if she is not able to work and not able to earn money, you need to pay her money till she remarries.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     02 April 2015

thus have you paid any alimony to her as saying one time settlement or not in the deed filed int he court

as usually maintenance is paid till she remarries after divorce 

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     03 April 2015

No we have not mentioned anything about alimony. We decided to go for mutual settlement by just exchanging our gold given by either parties during the marriage. No maintenance or one time alimony is mentioned in the deed. 

Can my wife claim maintenance after the MCD decree is passed? Is it legally possible?

ADVOCATE TRILOK (CRIMINAL family PROPERTY topfreind@gmail.com )     03 April 2015

If your income can be assessed than wife not working  than you have to pay till she remarries .

FREDYCHARLES RK - Bangalore (Advocate)     03 April 2015

you have one more chance!!!! ..As articulated by experts the maintenance can subsist till she remarries or your prove her relation. Having said that, guess you are supposing a futuristic action and the probability of that  occurance is 50% . But , when granting a decree by the good judge the court will ask and confirm from both on the terms and conditions agreed by both and stated in your 13b MCD petition, so either that time or before make sure you add a clause there are/will be no other claims whatsoever from either party after divorce. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register