LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Simhan (manager)     19 April 2018

Maintenance

Dear experts, I (father) have won the child custody (children aged 13 and 15) case and there is no question of re-union with wife. Divorce case is on. Wife well educated post graduate. In the mean time the wife's lawyer is demanding a sum of Rs.10 lakhs to close once for all the divorce and further proceedings on maintenance. I am arguing with wife's advocate that, since children are with me (father) due to children marriage and future education expenses I cannot pay any alimony to the wife. As the wife is well educated and aged only 45 she can very well fetch a job and earn for her living. Wife was going for a job for 2 years previously during 2010 and she is demanding the money earned by her during 2008 - 2010 when the family along with children were together. 1. whether she can claim the money earned by her when family and children were together? 2. whether my contention is correct and stand in the court. Please advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 April 2018

Your contention is correct. But see whether you received dowry at the time of your marriage. Dowry taking is a crime. In that aspect she may be claim.

Simhan (manager)     19 April 2018

Thanks Rama chary, there is no dowry in marriage

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register