Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok (ashok)     08 February 2016

Maanhani / defamation

Respected Sir,

I am a member owner of Flat No.5930 of Anasuyasoot Co operative Housing Society in Bldg. No.174, B Wing, Kannamwar Nagar, Mumbai, Maharashtra staying therein since its inception i.e.1980.

Mr. Vijay Chiplunkar - The Secretary of our Society had sent a letter dated 18.09.2014 to the Registrar, MHADA, Bandra, after I filed a complaint against him against his illegal activities to the Registrar, MHADA, Bandra on 28.08.2014.

Copy of his aforesaid letter I could manage to get through RTI (Right to Information). I find in the letter that he has given a lot of false information with regards to documentation relating to my transaction with the Society and he refers to me in the letter as a member who is Improper (अयोग्य), Indecent (असभ्य), Wrong Personality (चुकीच्या व्यक्तिमत्वाचा), Improper Character (अयोग्य चरित्र), criminal attitude (गुन्हेगारी प्रवुत्ति चा).

I also have a clear Audio Recording of 2014 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of our Society and the hard copy of the AGM  Minutes wherein he has levelled a lot of false and baseless allegations on me and my family.

Needless to say that inspite of several letters by The Registrar instructing Society to do needful, The Secretary is disobeying, even challenging the Registrar U/S.79 2(b) Order which is now dismissed by the Divisional Jt. Registrar, Co operative Societies Mumbai Division recent December 2015 order i.e. Inspite of getting justice orders from Registrar and Divisional Jt. Registrar, Society Secretary is harassing me by not doing needful.

On the basis of all the Orders in my favour and on the basis of the above mentioned letter collected through RTI and the audio recording available, may I ask your goodselves if my case is suitable to file a case of DEFAMATION/MAANHANI against The Secretary.

Please guide me.

Ashok Shetty 00919819397816

Mumbai, Maharashtra

Learning

2 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     09 February 2016

Yes it is maintainable. There should be a basis for which he alleges these things. In case they are false, then a defamation suit/complaint is maintainable.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 February 2016

You have strong reasons for filing defamation case because the contents are highly derogatory attracting the provisions of a criminal defamation case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register