Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohith (marketing)     18 August 2014

Lost phone through courier process

Myself Rohith,

2days back i have couriered phone through a courier service and today when it reached home, mobile is missing, i contacted courier office , he is telling that mobile or any valuable things if we are sending they will write and give some slip, bcs of that they will take extra care and it will reach safely, but they didnt do that.

I m having mobile insurence policy, they have mentioned coverage incase of " Theft as defined vide Sec. 378 of IPC - Dishonestly taking away the mobile set out of the possession at any person."

So how should i give complaint? Is this type theft will come under Section 378 of IPC,....can i get insurence coverage?

Kindly give me a suggession..

Regards,

Rohith 

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 August 2014

No. It will not cover. You have not taken precation measures. Like you have not followed  quorrier services rules. F.I.R. police copy is essential for claiming insurance.

Rohith (marketing)     18 August 2014

Thank u sir, but courier people didnt tell these rules when i gave for parcel. They have informed me after I lost mobile. Tomorrow I will be going to police station for giving complaint. Then with that copy, can i apply for insurance coverage. Regards, Rohith

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register