LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant sinha (consultant)     23 October 2014

Lost change of name affidavit

Hi...I changed my name in 2010 and made affidavit and also gave advertisement in newspapers. I have lost the original affidavit but have a photocopy of it. I also have the newspaper ad. Now I need these for visa purpose. Can I trace the affidavit or can I make an affidavit today stating that my name change since 2010. What shall I do...plssss help.

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     23 October 2014

@ Author,

1. I doubt for Visa, Paper Advertisement of name change will be acceptable. Re-check with them.

2. The most authentic route is via Gazette Notification. For the same you need to just submit full mast of newspaper where in 2010 name change public note appeared and along with filing up Form for Gazette Publication of Name Change, affixing photo at Gazette Publication Office and meeting current Fees and when it gets published seek dozens of spare copies of the Gazette for all future purposes.   

[Last reply]

Prashant sinha (consultant)     23 October 2014

Thanks for your response Tajobsindia. Cant I do a new affidavit of name change and stating that I have changed my name since his day of 2010 and have lost the old one and hence redoing it.??

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2014

A fresh affidavit for having changed your name on some previous date is not at all necessary, instead you better go for gazette publication for change of name which will be a more authentic document for passport and visa purpose.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register