LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit   19 February 2017

Lost a cheque

Hi, Need a help. So I have lost a cheque that was issued to me by someone. The current situation is something like, I have filed a NCR with the police against the loss of the cheque. The cheque has been stopped for payment by the person who issued the cheque. Now even the three months period for encashing the cheque is over. So I asked the person who was suppose to pay me to pay the amount since the cheque has been stopped for payment and the validity period for cheque is also over and I have filed a formal complaint with the police. But he is not ready to pay until the police registers a FIR for the same. He says that someone might claim it tomorrow and he can be in legal trouble. But I want to understand that how is it possible since I am giving him a copy of NCR saying that I have lost the cheque. In this regard what should be my next action steps..? Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

A.V.Pattanashetti (Advocate)     20 February 2017

ACCORDING TO YOU THE PERSON WHO HAS ISSUED CHECQE TO YOU NOT TRUSTWORTHY MAN. IF U WANT,  FILE SUIT FOR RECOVERY OF MONEY SAYING ALL THE FACT NARRATED IN YOUR QUARRY. A.V.PATTANASHETTI ADVOCATE. BIJAPUR. KARNATAKA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register