Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seno singh (freelancer)     05 September 2015

Lok adalat from bsnl

Hello Legal professionals,

I bought a BSNL broadband + telephone when there was an offer announced by BSNL on May-2012. The offer was no Installation or any extra charges for broadband.

But the very first month there arose a dispute.

1. They included the installation charges in the first month bill and when i contacted the BSNL office

2. The bill did not have my complete full name. Instead of "xxxx singh" it says "yyyy Singh"

When i contacted the bsnl agent in the bsnl office, they did not give a proper reply and mad eme ran from pillar to post. So finally decided to not pay the bill

Now, after 3 years they have sent me a Lok Adalat notice and asked me to appear on specified date to pay an exorbitant amount with 18% interest !

Documents that i have supporting my case:

1. Screen shot of BSNL website announcing the offer with specific date

2. Voice recording of the BSNL employee giving improper response and asks me to go to xx office and meet yy person to get this solved !

Documents that i do not have:

1. First month or consecutive month bills (After having them for 2 years, recently throwed them away)

2. Copy of the application form in which i have filled my name correctly inspite of which they have given the bill under wrong name

Require guidance/clarrifications on the following:

1. What is the maximum period within which such disputes should have been brought to court by BSNL ? Putting a case after 3 years is still valid ?

2. What happens if i dont attend the Lok Adalat on scheduled date ?

3. The Lok Adalat session is on a weekday - so i would have to loose pay for attending it. Since i have the proper justifications on why i did not pay the bill, can i ask for compensation due to the mental agony caused by this organization ?

4. After conveying the reasons, if still the judgement given by the Lok Adalat judge is not comfortable for me, can i not agree to it and let the case proceed to the courts ? What are the implications of it ?

Kindly provide your expert opinions !

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 September 2015

You seem to have requisite records.

The notice may set the new limitation for you.

The bills are to be produced by BSNL.

Consult local lawyer with all record.

seno singh (freelancer)     06 September 2015

Thank you Kumar for replying,

Can you please explain the term "The notice may set the new limitation for you" ?

Do you mean that, they can file a formal case in the court for this purpose ? Is there no maximum period within which the matters should have been addressed to the court ?

The Lok Adalat session is on a weekday - so i would have to loose pay for attending it. Since i have the proper justifications on why i did not pay the bill, can i ask for compensation due to the mental agony caused by this organization ?

Kindly provide your expert opinions !

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 September 2015

The limitation period for recovery is usually 3 years.

The limitation to approach DCDRF is 2 years.

Now Consult local lawyer with all record.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register