LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

smita   30 April 2016

Locker contents on separation

Hi. Me and my husband have been living seperately for past 1 year due to some differences. My gold ornaments from our marriage is kept in a joint locker and the key is with my husband. I am not interested in a divorce. Is there any way I can get my gold ornaments back? Once I asked about it and he refused and said he wants a divorce.

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     30 April 2016

He cannot deny to handover all those ornaments to you, these all ornaments are your stridhan and you have all rights over it, all those ornament which you had bring in your marriage and all those which you get from your husband, in-laws, relatives and friends on the occasion of marriage and later all are your stridhan and you have all right over them, if he denys tell him you will get them by making police complaint u/s 406 ipc .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 April 2016

Let the bank be aware and properly notified so that nothing is removed from locker.

JustAdvisor (IT)     30 April 2016

so you won't live with your husband, want your gold back, but won't give him divorce! while you are well within your rights to claim your streedhan, maybe it is time for introspection respected madam....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register