LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Lock-up death or lock-up suicide: why police are not punishd

there are many incident of lock-up death or suicide. but police are not punished because there is no provision of punishment to police officers under indian penal code 1860 and the CrPC.

the reason of lock up death is torture by police to get confession from accused violetting art.22(3) in toto.  CrPC did not provide for torture by police to get confession. police is violetting both the CrPC and constitution and still get away because no provision of punishment in IPC.

why there is no provision in IPC for torture by police  when constitution and crpc strictly ban torture? isn't it a loophole intentionally kept to protect police?

when india will become civilized?

Learning

5 Replies

Deep Narayan (learning)     02 June 2012

well said my frnd

the fact presented by u are not strange.

I have also seen that people here are afraid of police,this is matter of shame in democracy.

police are not instruments of laws bt they are goons in uniforms.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     02 June 2012

Deep Narayan if you read my reply in this thread you will understand one of the reasons why police is kept on a high pedestal by rulers of this country : https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Functional-autonomy-granted-to-police-by-supreme-court-58983.asp

Only the colour of rulers has changed after 15.8.1947, the mindset and goals are same. Keeping the natives "in place" with help of violence by police and similar State forces is in interest of the rulers of this country.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 June 2012

File acomplaint against the erring Police Officials before the Human Rights Commission.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 June 2012

File a complaint against the Police before the State  Human Rights Commission.

(Guest)

human rights commission is an association with no power at all. they can shout but there is a chance that nobody would pay attention.

file a complaint to SC . its order no politician could ever ignore.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register