LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CHITTARANJAN LAL SHARMA (PRINCIPAL)     16 May 2014

Loan recovery suite

Sir, I have taken a loan of about Rs. 3 lakh in the year 2003 to purchase a Offset Machine for a shop  from a nationalised bank. As the bank officer comes often for recovery at home I used to give instalment right at home. Once in the year 2007 the bank officer after collecting the amount replies that now your loan is over. Having confidence Neither I have visited the bank nor I kept any receipts etc. Now I just received a legal notice for recovery of outstanding amount of Rs. 2 Lakhs. Now I am in big trouble. As I remember I have not signed any documents like Revival letter etc. after 2007. Neither the Bank has given any reminder, notices etc. I am unable to understand what to do. Any one of you if give proper guidance I will remain thankful to you sir.

Learning

3 Replies

Deepak Mishra (Deputy Manager (Legal))     16 May 2014

Mr. SHARMA, It was absolutely your fault of not retaining your receipts nor approached the Bank for NOC. You are suggested to first give your true facts into the writing to the Bank and request for verification of and copies of all Documents. It help you to understand whether any document is signed by you or not. If not, then you may take a suitable actions against the Bank.

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     04 June 2014

Do not mention to the bank officials that you have misplaced the receipts / documents that you had try harmonisingly to get your job done and get NOC form bank because has you have stated, according to that the entire case stands against you

peter parker (Executive)     04 June 2014

Thank you for sharing this useful information with us.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register