Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Powar (HR Professional)     28 April 2014

Loan cheque bounce in uae - agents approaching me

Dear All

My name is Rahul Powar. I am working as an HR professional in India. I am from a not so wealthy lower middle class family.

I came to know about this forums and thought of putting up my case for experts to answer. I would request you to advice me with my case if possible,

Here's my case:

- My Dad was working in Ajman, UAE for about 15 years till the year 2000. He then lost his job due to financial conditions in Dubai and shifted to Egypt for a job. During his stay in UAE, he had taken a loan from one of the banks over there.

- Dad might have not repaid it / might not have repaid it (he doesn't have the document to prove the same now).

- Since last year 2013, the bank debt collection agents in India have been calling me and harrasing me (I am not the one who took the loan). 

- Last week they sent a mail to my company saying that they me and my dad have taken the loan and a criminal case has been filed against us in UAE for cheque bouce. (I was just 12 yrs old approximately when this loan was taken and how can I take this loan).

- I replied to them saying that they are not supposed to contact and harras me as I am not the concerned party and also requested them to send me the documents for the same.

- For which they said that they dont send documents and you can contact the UAE bank branch to get the documents. 

- They also threatened me to inform my company higher authorities about the same. (I have already informed the CEO of my company and he and the directors have trust in me and are aware that I am innocent).

Guys, this is really frustrating for a honest professional like me to face such issues. I am really worried about my safety and well-being in my own country.

Please suggest as to what I can do.

Let me know if you all need any other details.

Learning

2 Replies

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     28 April 2014

No one can do anything against you if the facts of case are true. For more call 9910657998 mahavir singh advocate.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 May 2014

As per amended Hindu Succession Act the son is not under pious obligation to pay debt of father.

The lender can not contact you and press you or intimidate, coerce anyone else too.

Record all calls.

Lodge a complaint with local police station, commissioner, RBI and then follow up thru RTI.

You may obtain details of ownership of the phone number from telecom company or police commissioner's office concerned personnel.

Each lender has to maintain list of its recovery agencies on its website.

Each recovery agency has to register too.

You may also lodge complaints with RBI:

Smt. Uma Subramaniam
Chief General Manager -in-Charge
Department of Non-Banking Supervision
Central Office
Centre I, World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade
Mumbai-400 005.

Phone: 022-22153350

Email id: cgmicdnbsco@rbi.org.in

THE DETAILED DUTIES OF DNBS CAN BE SEEN AT:

( DNBS:  Dept. of Non banking Services)

https://www.rbi.org.in/scripttts/AboutUsDisplay.aspx?pg=Depts.htm#DNBS

YOU MAY ALSO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH:

. D Subbarao
Governor
Reserve Bank of India
Central Office Building
18th Floor, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road
Mumbai-400 001.

022-22660868

governor@rbi.org.in

You may find the following thread useful and can download the RBI master circular and judgmenst too.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.UUc5U0pFZ_4

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register