LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ritika (Student)     21 May 2012

Llm and confusion

hi. i am about to complete my B.A.LLB by the end of this month. so appeared in entrance exams like CLAT and AILET to pursue LLM. i m hoping to get a good rank in CLAT. i have also planned to give 2 other entrance exams. one is DU and ILI, delhi. 

reasons for pursuing LLM: firstly i want to get out of my city. bcz i have spent five years of my life in a unkown college ( by calling it so i dont want to demean it in anyway..it is just a fact.). i want to be part a really good institute and surronded by one of the best law faculty in india. in nutshell i need to expand my horizon. need exposure 

2nd reason is i want to practice in high court or supreme court. but for this one needs references and connections. which i dont have. so i m hoping to make some good connection while doing LLM and start practice and if that is not possible during LLM legally then

at least association with NGOs and working with them on issues relating to human rights of women and children, to make them aware of their right and to help them in anyway i can through my legal knowledge or experience (this is what i want to do actually)

now the result of CLAt will be announced by 28th may and in case im selected i would be required to desposit token amount which may be ranging from rs. 20000 to 25000 by 9th of june. but the problem DU and ILI have their entrance exams much after 9th of june. i consulted some people about which institution is best for pursuing llm on basis of their research programs. they ranked ILI as ist and DU and NLS, baglore 2nd and 3rd. 

now my problem is where should i go..i mean which instution i should prefer.?? in case i get a good rank in CLAt and call from banglore if i should ignore that and concentarte on DU and ILI (about ILI i m not sure whether i would be able to get a good rank as i have my final exams going on and entrance is on 23rd)

any suggestions please..

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register