Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (engineer)     22 February 2012

Live bank account

Dear Sir,

Please read the below paragraph found in a web page and please answer to my question,

1.Whether the cheque issued (say in the year 2011) from an account  which was closed few years back(say in  the year 1998) will attract Negotiable Instruments act ??

1. Existence of a live account
Existence of a "live account" at the time of issue of cheque is a condition precedent for attracting penal liability for the offence under this section. A cheque cannot be issued de hors an account maintained by its drawer with the banker. When the cheque is returned by the bank unpaid because of the  account of money standing to the credit of the cheque, to make demand for payment as provided for payment as indicated in clause (b) of the proviso. The words "that account" in the section denote to the account in respect of which the cheque was drawn. No doubt if any person manages to issue a cheque without an account with the bank concerned its consequences would not snowball into the offence described under section 138 of the Act. For the offence under section 138 of the Act there must have been an account maintained by the drawer at the time of the cheque was drawn.

Thanks

Rajesh

Learning

4 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     22 February 2012

good work done, there are similar simple tricks to come out of cheque bounce.

Rajesh (engineer)     22 February 2012

Dear Mr.JSDN , I am not clear with your answer. Please give me straight answer. 1.Whether the cheque issued (say in the year 2011) from an account which was closed few years back(say in the year 1998) will attract Negotiable Instruments act ??

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     22 February 2012

Every thing can not be stated in law so it is the defense capability to demolish any case.

If complainant advocate does proper home work with proper pleading even criminal  complaint can be filed for issuer of cheque.

The accused has to show in what circumstances the custody of cheque had gone to the complainant..

My original comments are based on experience that there are simple and sure methods to come out of any cheque case since the complainant in over confidence do not comply with all the requirements in framing proper  pleadings.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 February 2012

This may not attract NI 138, but it would surely attract fraud.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register