LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fighter (senior manager)     19 September 2013

List of articles by pnb on break open the locker on request

My father is an old man. He had  a locker in PNB. For which the key was lost.

On my father's request the locker was break open in his presence but no list of articles were made by PNB staff.

I need to prrove in some other case that article claimed by opposition in my locker is not there at all.

The locker was never operated since it was claimed the articles kept in the locker.

Is it manfatory for Punjab National Bank to make a list of articles found during break opening the locker?

If it is mandatory than I can ask them for list and I can save myself that the things claimed are not present in the locker.

If possible please provide any reference where it is mentioned PNB has to make list of articled even locker is break open on party's request.

Kindly help.

Learning

2 Replies

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     20 September 2013

Normally, no list is prepared for contents of the things that a locker hirer keeps inside the locker. But I think in this case a list should have been prepared after the locker was break opened. RBI has some general guidelines regarding lockers but has left it ot individual banks to formulate their own locker policy. You should refer to the locker agreement for details, and/or write to PNB under RTI Act, asking specifically what procedure is to be followed at PNB in such case of break-opens (you dont need to mention that you are an a/c holder).

If you/your father is involved in a court case where some opposition party claims that XY things were present in the locker, it is for them to prove so. I think you only need to say "XY things were not present there - prove it if you can". Bank will say (rightly) that it is not the bank's business to know what articles are kept in the locker, as long as some illegal material/drugs/explosives are being kept.

nkk (engineer)     14 October 2013

I am about to request PNB for break open the locker of my deceased mother. Can u please inform that what is the procedure, & how much time it takes. Thanks in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register