LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasan (IT)     23 July 2015

Lied about qualification

Before marriage my wife told me that she has passed BBA degree course from Anna malai university and after marriage their parents did not give any id proofs / certificates to her. When I asked wife's parents either give my wife id's and letter from marriage hall to register the marriage they told us to get out from their house and due to this marriage was not registered.

I had submitted the marraiage advertisement to the court which mentioned that the wife had passed BBA degree course. In trial wife told lie that she is passed BBA degree & all the certificates are with husband. When I wrote an RTI letter to the Anna malai university asking the qualification I got a reply from PIO that she is not registered for BBA course in this university.

It is a pakka fraud and cheating from their side and they lied wife qualification before marriage. I filed for RCR. Can I file for cheating case by showing all the proofs

Pls reply 

Learning

9 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     23 July 2015

whats your real intention.on one side you had filed rcr against your wife to join her and on the other side you are enquiring whether to file cheating case against her

your wife had certainly played fraud by telling that she had passed bba.whats her real qualification.has she passed any other degree.

(Guest)

Liar liar pants on fire :-))

bhavinkshah   24 July 2015

I am not a Lawyer. But would like to comment.

Do you have proof that your wife has told you that she passed BBA. If she has sent you any Bio Data/or by emaill she has confirmed that she is BBA you can definitely file cheating case 

Unlike employment for marriage qualification is not the essential factor.   And it is your responsbility to verify the facts before marriage. I do not know this kind of verbal communication has any importance as no agreement is made before marriage.

Srinivasan (IT)     24 July 2015

Yes I had her marriage advertisement in news paper prior 6 months before our marriage. In that she mentioned that she had passed BBA degree course . I submitted the same in the court and also submitted RTI letter from the university saying that " This person is not registered in our university for BBA degree from --- year to ---- year.

I dont want to make my wife any trouble but inorder to strengthen my RCR case I am asking my doubt.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     24 July 2015

By that you are not strengthening your RCR case. As the court is deciding RCR petition filed by you, it need not look whether she has cheated on you qua her qualification. By the way, after knowing her alleged fraud, you filed RCR, the court will come to conclusion that you condoned her mistage. You can file a cheating case, but the onus is on you to prove that the advertisement was published by your wife, which is difficult to prove in criminal case. Once you file cheating case, it is difficult for us to believe that your wife would resume her life with you on account of RCR. By filing cheating case, you are paving the road for divorce.

I studied RCR in details. I think The family court is going to reject your appeal as you are passing negative comment about your wife. How can you and your wife be happy when you have dissatisfaction about her background.

I studied RCR in details. I think The family court is going to reject your appeal as you are passing negative comment about your wife. How can you and your wife be happy when you have dissatisfaction about her background.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 July 2015

refer https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=124770&offset=1

now you have another story 

why not to put all questions in one thread instead of palying hide and seek.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register