Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dev (account)     03 November 2014

Lic agency run by lic employee

Hi,

I know one person who is working in LIC and also running a LIC agency since 15 years. Earlier He was running an agency in his cousin brother's name when his brother asked him to stop, now he has started a new agency in some other relative's name.

When he started first agency his brother was just 18, so don't understand what it means. When he understood he asked him to stop agency. Currently first agency is inactive, but payments are still coming and that employee is taking all money. Since after agency is taken agency holder has not got a single penny and all money is taken by LIC emp. Another important thing after agency was granted that man given an application to change agency correspondence address from cousin brother's house to his brother in-law's house, so that no one from agency holder's family can know what transactions are happening in agency. Still person name is different and address is different. 

In second agency, it is in the name of some other relative and this is still active and business is still going on.

I want to know, 

is this legal? 

can he run agency like this? 

can i complain about him anywhere? 

where i can complaint?

is there chances that my complaint will make both these innocent people suffer for the thing they don't know anything?

Both these peoples are not getting anything from these agencies and they started these agencies just because their very close relative made emotional.

I can see only one way where both above people won't to get involve if LIC secretly calls those peoples who has taken policy under these agencies. Those people can confirm that agency is operated by LIC employee.

pl. guide 

Learning

10 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 November 2014

who is paying income tax in income from first agency, in whose PAN No

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 November 2014

is this legal? 

Ans : Illegal.  He is employee of PSU cannot do trade.  Moreover being emplyee of LIC he can generate business but as direct business ofcompany and not derived any commisssion on it , directly or indirectly.

How is the payment coming, cash/cheque/through bank.  How he is pocketing if.

can he run agency like this? 

Ans :No

can i complain about him anywhere?

where i can complaint?

Ans :Chief Vigilance Officer of LIC.

is there chances that my complaint will make both these innocent people suffer for the thing they don't know anything?

Ans :The should suffer if the income is generated in their name and they do not pay income tax.

dev (account)     05 November 2014

Thanks Sir,

in first agency PAN used of agency holder. As far as my knowledge LIC paying commission to account after deducting tax. All that tax amount deducted is shown under agency holder's PAN.

Also,agency holder is showing that LIC income along with his salary income while he files his IT return separately. If any refund is recd back from IT dept. that person used to call agency holder to transfer that money. agency holder is transferring that money through NEFT to his account without keeping any money.

For first agency holder I am sure that he has not got paid single rupee since the agency is taken to till time, but not sure about new agency holder.

I am not sure, but I think LIC is paying commission via cheque/NEFT to account as in first agency agency holder's address is wrong shown by that person, so no data is accessible. I don't know how LIC accepted this request to change address without govt. address proofs and why LIC has not verified this address. I think this person has used his powers of being insider. Holder can only know the figure of comm. amount that also from IT dept.

Holder is strictly warned by that person not to make any changes in bank account used for LIC. In fact holder is treating like he is not having this account under his name. He was asked to have simplest signature while opening the account. Now that person is directly operating this account by doing his signs on his own. 

when i talked to agency holder that this is case of fraud signature and he is operating your bank account without your knowledge. He stay quite because that person is his elder cousin brother and also he has so much respect for that person's mother even more than his own parents.

I want to expose this type of fraud people, but I don't want agency holders to suffer as they are working in private companies and they have family responsibilities. 

And if I will complain then what will happen max. He will get suspension for few days or month, then the same things will start again.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 November 2014

"1. in first agency PAN used of agency holder. As far as my knowledge LIC paying commission to account after deducting tax. All that tax amount deducted is shown under agency holder's PAN.

Also,agency holder is showing that LIC income along with his salary income while he files his IT return separately. If any refund is recd back from IT dept. that person used to call agency holder to transfer that money. agency holder is transferring that money through NEFT to his account without keeping any money.

For first agency holder I am sure that he has not got paid single rupee since the agency is taken to till time, but not sure about new agency holder."

So there is a proper proof that the employee derives the income.  Further proof will be generate by the Vigilance deptt of LIC after getting original proposal forms filled by him and matching of handwriting thereon.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 November 2014

"And if I will complain then what will happen max. He will get suspension for few days or month, then the same things will start again."

only an astrologer can comment.  You can complaint there is prima-facie evidence.

dev (account)     05 November 2014

sir

which "original proposal forms" you are saying about?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2014

while he is doing agency business he might be filling the proosal form of the customer, which every agent insists to be filled by himself.

dev (account)     14 November 2014

yes sir,

understood....

thank you so much sir for your valuable suggestions....

dev (account)     14 November 2014

sir,

i have drafted an email as below. is it okay? or any corrections needed? pl. help and guide.

i have names mentioned in original draft with me.

Date:

To,

LIC of India,

Fraud Prevention Department

Sub: A LIC employee running an agency under his relative’s name along with job in LIC.

Sir,

I want to share some information with you.

Sir, as per my knowledge any person who is employee of LIC can't run an LIC agency on his name, family person’s name or relative’s name. I may be wrong and if right then below information is serious to inform you.

Can he/she operate an LIC agency 100% by using his/her any relative’s name without in knowledge of that relative what is happening under this agency?

In your Laldarwaja, Ahmedabad branch (Jeevan Prakash building) there is one employee Mr. ABC (LIC Employee) (currently transferred to your Nadiad branch) is running a LIC agency on his relative's name. He is living in ManXXXXX, RamXXXX Area, Ahmedabad.

Near In 2000, he took agency in the name of Mr. XYZ(Agency Holder) (his cousin brother). At that time Mr. XYZ was just starting his college and he was not aware what does it mean to hold a LIC agency. After 5-6 years when Mr. XYZ completed his studies and understood facts about agency, he told Mr. ABC (LIC Employee) to close this agency. More than 5 years Mr. ABC (LIC Employee) operated this agency and received all commission benefits along with his job in LIC. Currently agency is inactive, but still payments are coming. Also address under this agency is wrong as Mr. ABC (LIC Employee) has given wrong address to LIC for this agency, so that any person from Mr. XYZ’s family doesn’t know what is happening under this agency. Current address is of Mr. MNO (Mr. ABC (LIC Employee) brother in-law). So here you can understand that how much fraud things are going on.  

I don’t know how LIC accepted this change of address request without any address proofs? I am sureMr. ABC (LIC Employee) may have used his powers of being employee of LIC.

>>> Agency is in the name of Mr. XYZ, but he was not aware what was going on in this agency. Why? Because correspondence address is of Mr. MNO. He has not only cheated LIC, but also his cousin brother.

After being forced by Mr. XYZ to stop all further work in agency under his name Mr. ABC (LIC Employee) convinced another relative to have new agency. Now he is operating new agency and it is still active. New agency holder's name is Mr. BBB(New agency holder). He is running this agency since last 6 years to till time. Before writing to you I cross checked the same with Mr. BBB. One day I went to his house (I got address details from LIC website). I went to him and asked that I want to buy a policy, so you please explain latest or good policy plan. Then he called Mr. ABC (LIC Employee) in front of me and asked me to visit again tomorrow. He said Mr. ABC (LIC Employee) will come here tomorrow and will explain you everything.

New Policy details:

All data of new policy with address and agency code.

One more reason to expose this kind of people that if in future this person (Mr. ABC (LIC Employee)) will do any fraud with any customer then an innocent person will suffer and also company’s name and reputation will get spoiled.

Important Note: Sir, Mr. ABC (LIC Employee) is president of LIC’s Samast Brahma Samaj. He is using this position also to generate more and more business to his illegal agency.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2014

1. first of all there is nothing know as fraud prevention deptt in PSU.  You have to address complaint to the Chief Vigilance Officer of LIC.
  2. while talking with Govt deptt do not reply upon e-mail business.  send signed registered copmlaint.
  3. your complaint does not disclose the true nexus of this person.  You are not sure whether the proposal form was filled by the person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register