LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N K Bajaj (Financial Controller)     18 April 2014

Liabilty of a guarantor

My friend has availed Cash Credit loan from a Bank. Her mother, 67 years old, is a guarantor for the loan. She is having a house in her name. The house is not mortgaged to the bank. In her assets and liability statement submitted to the bank, the house has been mentioned as asset. The guarantor along with her husband, 73 years old, are living on the ground floor. The first floor is occupied by my friend and his family. There are three directors of the company in which name the Cash Credit limit stands. The three directors are: i) my friend ii) his wife iii) his father who is living on the ground floor. Now the bank account has been classified as NPA and bank has issued notice under sec 10(2) of Securitisation Act. The said house is not mentioned as the mortgaged property which actually is not mortgaged also. 

Under the above circumstances whether the bank can take possession of the house owned by my friends mother?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 April 2014

Lonee is failed to pay principal amount, the banker is having rights to collect from guarantor. The bank is having right to take ;possession of his property.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 April 2014

guarantor is liable to pay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register