Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jay   06 June 2015

Legal rights on ancestral agricultural land

Dear All Experts,

Request your views/comments on distribution of ancestral agricultural land which was directly transferred to my brother’s name from my grandfather.

Below are the details.

1. Grandfather has three sons (grandfother passed away in 1995)
  2. We are three sons to my father.
  3. During the distribution of his farmland to his sons (my father and his siblings), my grandfather transferred 21 acres of farmland to one of my brothers around 1994.
  4. Now my brother claims that it’s his land and is not willing to give me and my other brother our share of the land.
  5. I am planning to take this matter to the court.

Btw - We live in Karnataka state, if it matters.

I have following questions on above matter-  

1. Do I have legal rights to ask my share of this 21 acres of farmland?
  2. If I take it to the court how long would it take to get it resolved?

Please let me know if you need additional info. I don’t want to take it to the court if I don’t have any legal rights on this property. I do think that it’s not fair if he eats up all 21 acers of farmland leaving two of us high and dry. Please advise.

Thank you!

Jay

Learning

3 Replies

rajuchowdappa   06 June 2015

Mr.Jay Better contact me 9738465552.

suresh sharma   07 April 2016

It appears your grandfather has either gifted or willed the land to your brother. You may not get any part of the land given by your grandfather to your brother.

(Guest)

During the distribution of his farmland to his sons (my father and his siblings), my grandfather transferred 21 acres of farmland to one of my brothers around 1994. ----- Which Deed he did , Whether registered and stamp duty paid or not 

Whether your grandfather was original owner (Purchased from self earned) or from where he got land like anchestor etc.

Thanks for giving information you are from Karnataka , additional information required Religion of all parties involved 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register