LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Legal opinion sought

My married life with B has finally came to a road block. We are separated for over 6months now and shez staying with her relatives. I have filed legal separation case on the grounds of mental cruelty and desertion. B's family is looking for huge money settlement. We have declined it and informed only 10% of their demand can only be given to her.

little background of myself. some 10yrs back I got involved in a love marriage with A and thereafter A got separated from the very next day and she got an ex-parte divorce against me after I have married B.

The marriage with B lasted only for 11months and she only stayed with me for 2months before she left me to join their relatives residence. Now reconciliation with B is no way possible and we would like to call it quits. They(B) have not gone for legal criminal cases as B's cash of around 5lakh is with me and there is no way they can get it back without a mutual amicable settlement and B does not know my past.

Legal opinion is sought on the following queries:
1. how to approach an MOU? how to avoid criminal cases after B receives the cash settlement?
2. Is it worth to file divorce on MCD as B doesnt have the knowledge of A's ex-parte divorce?
3. Does the settlement should be done only after B annuls the marriage as void and non-existing? what reason she has to file so that I dont get screwed with criminal cases on me after B gets her settlement money and take revenge on me.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register