LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Menda   03 March 2018

Legal notice

Legal Notice was issued to me by my cousin through his advocate claiming cash amount received in as cash prize of a competition. The issue has been resolved through mutual settlement. What should be the procedure from my side ensuring that this is not dragged further? Should I ask him to issue a withdrawal notice through the advocate or a mere agreement in writing is ok?

Learning

5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 March 2018

Written agreement of the settlement of dispute duly signed by both parties and witnessed by at least 2 witnesses is sufficient for keeping in rest the matter for future. Legal notice of lawyer hardly has any legal value after mutual settlement of dispute between parties of civil matter.

Written agreement of the settlement of dispute duly signed by both parties and witnessed by at least 2 witnesses is sufficient for keeping in rest the matter for future. Legal notice of lawyer hardly has any legal value after mutual settlement of dispute between parties of civil matter.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 March 2018

Ask your own very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such matters and having successful track record …and worth his/her salt…if matter can be settled in permanent Lok Adalat also.

pankaj verma   04 March 2018

if u want can send the reply within 15 days with the copy of said settlement... no need to buried...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register