Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Help me law (Engineer)     13 December 2013

Legal marriage way under hindu act

Dear sir,

I am an Engineer & i want marry with my lover but created some problem due to differ in cast. Some lawyer suggest me to that both people me & my lover signed in a notary paper to front of Notary officer, he approved and this will be a legal certificate of marriage none should be take any legal action against us. Is that a correct way to legal marriage under Hindu marriage Act ? Please suggest me .......for validation of notary marriage certificate.

If this not correct way , please suggest me for right way to legal valid marriage certification. I am much in problem. I am highly thankful to you.Please......

with warm regards.

Engineer.

Learning

2 Replies

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar (Advocate/ 09868002365)     13 December 2013

Whosoever has given you that suggestion, has clearly misguided you. Under Hindu Marriage Act, you can get your marriage registered after marrying at any place (for example marriage at temple). Under Hindu Marriage Act, a marriage is registered. Alternatively, you can go for court marriage under Special Marriage Act. Under Special Marriage Act, you will be required to apply to the Registrar of Marriage indicating your intention of your marriage. The Registrar will publish your details on its notice board and invite objections. If no objections are received within one month, the registrar will allow court marriage and issue certificate to you. Please note that the objections within the meaning of Special Marriage Act is limited to your declaration and restrictions under the Act and objections like caste and religion difference of couple, gotra etc. are not considered.

You can go ahead under any of the legislations. Best of luck and wishing your a happy life ahead.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 December 2013

Advocate Divyajoti Jaipuriar has given some useful tips after which you should not ask any one about what to do next.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register