LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dileep R   25 June 2019

Legal heirs of Hindu Male

This is a Hindu Male case...My father purchased property and he is no more. We are 2 sons, 1 daughter, and mother ( His wife) , Fathers Mother (Grandmother).Our Grand mother is not well due to bad memory and now my uncle ( Fathers younger brother ) claims that he also one legal heir after his mother ( our grandmother) death. The property is our house which was purchased by our father without any support from uncle and Grandmother. We dont sure about weather any will written by my grandmother favour to uncle...what is the legal implications. Is Uncle claim is valied as per law

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   25 June 2019

After urs fathers death intestate his property is divided equally betn his mother wife and children's ie1/5each.if Ur grand mother died intestateher share will be divided and Ur uncle will inherit 1/10th share before that u take release deed from Ur grand mother.

Dileep R   25 June 2019

Thank you sir....We are from Kerala and now saw recent notification. What this means THE HINDU SUCCESSION (AMENDMENT ACT), 2015 (KERALA) ACT 17 OF 2016 (Published in Kerala Gazette Ext No.1954 dt.10.11.2016) Notification no 27974/Leg.F1/14/law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register