Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govardhan (private employee)     23 June 2017

Legal heir certificate

Dear Sir,

I just wanted to know that when and where do we required the legal heir certificate in TS & AP states.

One of my friends father invested some amount in a bank  as FDs putting his son and his wife as nominees to claim the same after his death. 

In recent past he passed away, now my friend and his mother wants to claim the same as the nominees. But the Bank officials are insisting the legal heir certificate to calim the amount. 

My question here is: when the nominees are physically present before the bank officials and submiting all the KYC documents to claim the amount, does it required legal heir certificate to be submitted? to my knowledge, where there is no nominees is mentioned then the legal heir certificate is required. 

I would request the experts in this forum to give their valuable inputs on the above.

Regards,

Govardhan 

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 June 2017

Has the Bank and banker demanded Legal Heir Certificate in writing?

Go thru: RBI: Master Circular on Customer Service in Banks

20.1 Accounts with survivor/nominee clause

20.1.2 It may be noted that since payment made to the survivor(s) / nominee, subject to the foregoing conditions, would constitute a full discharge of the bank's liability, insistence on production of legal representation is superfluous and unwarranted and only serves to cause entirely avoidable inconvenience to the survivor(s) / nominee and would, therefore, invite serious supervisory disapproval.

https://www.rbi.org.in/scriptts/bs_viewmascirculardetails.aspx?id=9008

https://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/notification/PDFs/72MC010714CS.pdf

Submit claim form and annexxures under proper acknowedgment.

Pfa;RBI: Master Circular on Customer Service in Banks

Attached File : 60926 20170623174616 657438757 72mc010714cs.pdf downloaded: 64 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register