Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V Ramakrishnan   22 March 2016

Legal heir certificate

Dear Sir,

My parents were living in Coimbatore up to 2002 for a long time and while at Coimbatore they were not allotted a ration card although they had applied for the same. Subsequently they moved to Mysore in 2003 and within a short period of 6 months my father died of cardiac arrest at Mysore. We are three sisters and two sons besides his surviving wife. 

due to family reasons, we could not apply for the legal heir certificate and our efforts to apply for the same was not fruitful. 

Their last son (i am the fourth and first son) was not cooperative and now we would like to apply for the legal heir certificate. Is it possible to get the same and if so how long will it take? This is very important since my father had left some shares and a residential site which will be of use to my mother, who is aged 77 years. 

Please guide in this aspect

Learning

1 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 March 2016

for legal heir certificate you have to file application alongwith death certificate, address proof of your father/ration card, yours relation with him with yours age, affidavit, in the SDM office of your area, sdm will mark that to Tehsildar, tehsildar will mark that to the field officer / patwari of your area, the patwari will after investigation submit his report to tehsilsar and the tehsildar after indorsed his sign send it to the SDM office and the sdm office will issue you the legal heir certificate, this is the procedure, it takes time upto 2 months, if you need succession certificate then you have to file petition in the civil court it takes atleast 6 months, i suggest you go for succession certificate, it will used for all your legal work .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register