Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naveen (SSE)     08 October 2014

Legal heir certificate

Hi sir,

My grandfather who is non government employee owns a house which was given to Electricity department for rent. My grandfather expired and the electricity department is asking for legal heir certificate to give the rent. I asked my local VRO(village revenue officer) about the legal heir certificate and he said that they will issue legal heir only for government employees, in case of non government employees they should apply it in court. I consulted an lawyer he said that legal heir will not be issued for non government employees. Can you please help me how to get leagal heir certificate for non government employees with the required documents and the procedure to approcah. 

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 October 2014

Legal heir certificate is issued by authority in states as per state rules.
It might be thru Ex. Magistrate/Tehsildar in Suvidha Centre……………………..or by application to Sub-Tehsildar that shall forward to Patwari and after inquiry by Patwari the certificate is issued. 
Your local lawyer can help you with it.

VLN PRASAD (LEGAL EXPERT)     08 October 2014

Legal Heir Certificates Civil Courts competent to give, Tahsildar has no Right, but he can give Family Member Certificate to claim Govt. benefits of deceased Govt. Employee.   If the Market value of the property below Rs.10 lakhs the Administrator General is the competent to give where as the Market Value of the Property above Rs.10 lakhs the local Civil court may approach.  Death certificate of the deceased, Family members details with ID Proofs, Market Value Certificate from the Registrar of Stamps & Registration, two third party affidavits along with ID Proofs should need to approach.  After filing and after first hearing, there shall be a Public Notice in Newspaper stating if any other than the petitioners in the application may approach to contest the matter.  You should make Electricity Department as the respondent, as it is in the possession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register