LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harshad   29 May 2016

Legal heir

My father has self earned house.we are four brothers n mother.father died n we four brothers gave NOC to transfer house in the name of mother.mother stays with youngest brother.mother has nominated this brother's name in nomination form of the house.now whether we other 3 brothers have any right on property or only mother n youngest brother has full right on property. Also to whom money lying in father n mother's joint account will go?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 May 2016

Another query by the querist is at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Legal-heir-of-movable-assets-137745.asp

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 May 2016

In other query at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Legal-heir-of-movable-assets-137745.asp

You have not posted that you have given NOC for transfer of property in the name of mother!

The NOC may not neccessarily be haveing force of relinquishment deed.

If NOC is not =relinquishment deed then your share may be intact.

You have posted that your mother has nomnated one brother only in flat.

The Flat is in which state? Is it under Co-OP society?

Jai Wadhwa   03 June 2016

Hi Mr.

This is Jai

As i read your discussion above as a Law Student I personally thinks that your brother who is living with your mother is the only heir of that property as well you all can register a relinquishment deed in favor of your brother.

Relinquishment Deed: It is executed by all the legal heirs except the one it is in favor of , by this the executants(s) agrees that they are ready to release their share with the mutual consent. Its upon you that you wants some releasing amount/consideration amount or not

With regard

Jai Wadhwa

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register