LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jim S (adfjk)     21 April 2010

Legal Issue in Schools

I am a young man currently in a unfair and unreasonable situation at my school.  Recently at our last golf match after I had left for work two members of the opposing team accused me of smoking a joint on the course.  The next day I was called to the office and given a 5 day out of school suspension and kicked from the golf team.  Not only have i denied this accusation my teammate also has backed me up.  My principle told me the two opposing players accusations have given him "resonable suspcion" which entitles him to give me a suspension and kick me off the team. 

I was hoping someone could give me legal advice on how to approach the situation.

Learning

2 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     21 April 2010

A reasonable suspicion would not be criteria to take decision of suspension of this kind. There must be clear evidence (either oral or written) and same must have been established to hold you guilty. Moreover as you opponent team members have made a complaint without there being any material evidence against you, you can protest this suspension.  Send a letter to the principal and correspondent to revoke this suspension and conduct an enquiry into alleged accusations made against you.

If the principal or correspondent fails to reply then issue a legal notice to the principal and file a complaint before the directorate of school education of your state.

You may parallely issue another legal notice for defamation against the two opponent players or file a police complaint and if the police does not take any action you may file a complaint for defamation before the magistrate of your locality.

1 Like

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     25 April 2010

Or you may take up this matter with the help of your students union and make this principal realise his mistake through a dialogue.  By this you will win a number of witnesses for your future necessity, if necessary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register