LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram Kher (Proprietor)     25 April 2011

Leave License Tenant

I have been a resident of a society in Dahisar since Dec 2002 on a leave license agreement.
My term expired on 31st Of March 2011 and Iam still Occupying the flat
Since my elder daughter was appearing for her Xth exam and my younger daughter in VIth was also appearing for her annual exams, I requested my Land Lord to give me an extension till July 31st 2011.
I received a mail suggesting an extension till July 31st 2011 through his power Of attorney holder
My Landlord(staying in Dubai) now wants a rent Of Rs 14,000/- per month, for the extended period and wants me to vaccate the flat suggesting,they want to occupy.The last rent I was paying was Rs 10,000/-per month and the landlord has two flats in the society.
The Power of attorney holder got an agreement signed from me keeping the rent portion blank suggesting me that he would mention the rent only after my discussion with the landlord through mail. The agreement of the extension is yet to be registered.
My question is:
1.Can the landlord raise the rent by Rs 4000/-per month?
2.My second daughter will be going to the VIIth std and changing her school will be difficult for the following reason:
Any school she joins,the school ask was a ration card and I have my ration card highlightingthe present address.
In the event of a Change in residence,the new Landlord may not allow me to add his address on the ration Card.
My ration Card/My passport, both bear the present residential address.
I also have a letter from the society stating that I have been residing in this this society since Dec 2002.
Under such circumstances,what is to be done, is a question to be solved.
Awaiting for your valuable advice,
Regards,
Vikram Kher

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register