Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya (Associate)     03 July 2014

Lease agreement

Hi,

I have taken house for least on Feb10,2014 for 5Lakhs. Its a individual house and i am living upstairs, owners are in ground floor. I am living with my 2 kids and mom. My husband left me. Due to severe water problem ( Common motor but owner will not give single bucket of water) I told my house owner that I am vacating the house on May 1st week. He said that he will arrange the money. According to lease agreement notice period is 3 months which ends in July. Whenever i ask him for the update he will just give me the date like June2, June10 and now July10th. And if i ask money or water, he is using bad words to me which anyone couldnt bear. I didnt record anything since i wanted to keep silent until i get money. Today it went beyond the level and started to abuse me verbally and saying that I gave him notice by June only. Please suggest what action can be taken for this.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     03 July 2014

It seems he is not interested in returning the money, Only recourse to you is to approach the police if you can afford and fight back.

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     03 July 2014

Or still if you can manage to stay there - approach the court and get an order from the court and injunction also not to disturb you. You have to weigh in all pros and cons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register