Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarvamurthy   08 March 2016

Leagal heirs

Dear Sir / Madam

I am from Tamilnadu. My Mother passed away in 1990 and my father passed away in Dec 2015. I am his only son and i have 5 sisters.My elder sister is no more and has left behind Two daughter. My father has taken agriculture loan from co-operative Society and in a Nationalised Bank by pledging Gold ornaments. When i approached the concerned ahthorities to pay back the load and take back the gold they told me that I can repay the loan amount but to reclaim the Gold, I have to get the legal heir (VARISU) certificate and all the heirs of my father has to come sign the papers.

I approached my Village Administrator and got VAARISU Certificate from Tahsildar mentioning my name, my 4 living sister names and also the names of two daughters of my late elder sister as heirs.

My late elder sister's husband and her daughters are  living  out side Tamilnadu.

Now my problem is getting all these heirs on a single day for any of the Bank loan transanctions very difficult. Also it seem for tranferring the Land property, Agriculture Pump Set elctrical service to my name is also difficult as geting all of them to the registrer's office in a single day.

Can any one give some guidance, how to Legaly avoid the necessity of calling everybody for these or any future transaction.

Can a local Lawyer will help me through the Legal Procedures.

Thanks and regards

Sarvamurthy

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 March 2016

Convince the Banker.  Obtain a notarised power of attorney from all legal heirs that they have no claim and they do not have objections for returning the ornaments to you.  The banker might have received several such letters in the past, and obtain a format from them, explaining your need.  First repay the loan showing your sincerity.

Obtaining legal heir certificate is not a problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register