Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (AM)     02 September 2016

Lawyers harassment for unethical fees amount after closure

Dear Experts,

A case was filed against my brother by our cousin sister as they both both had conceptual relationship for years knowing that they can't marry each other. I have been seeking your valuable advice for the case on the linked post. 

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Need-help-in-rape-case-in-delhi-120537.asp

This case has been resolved and brother is now acquitted.Thanks for your valuable help and advise through this channel.

However, few Advocate like I have is trying this good taste by making nonsense/unethical demand of Money. In the begining of this case, the advocate had asked that my fees will be 1 Lac and my bother has paid whenever they asked on intervals around 85k till now. So, with this face the remaining amount is required to be paid out. This is completely pathetic that they have suddently comeup of 5 Lac figure saying that the earilier amount was court fees only. This much we will at least charge for Sectio 376 and Section 417. The situation is like that he is now theatning the family throught emotional and force statement that he can go high court and can do all reversed and also spread news all around to infamous the family.

First of all, it was never discussed with my brother/family at stage of the case, then how can a lawyer be so unprofessional when we trust the law. There is no court receipts/challans and also no estimation provided by lawyer in the case which talks about fee stucture.

This is completely surprising and shocking. 

Please suggest me what to do. Your prompt advice would be highly appreciated. 

Learning

7 Replies

victimoffraud   02 September 2016

Even I'm facing same problem from advocates. If anyone else is facing problems from advocates taking money but not representing properly etc, we must come together and address this brothers.

KS Johal   02 September 2016

There is a duty which lawyers have to honour especially when they are advocates and are part and parcel of BCI. If they are running the practices unethically and trying to cheat the public then they will be removed off the enrollment register. Please get in touch with the BCI and look at the rules and regulations and perhaps talk to one of the clerical officers as to what the ethics are.

KS Johal   02 September 2016

There is a duty which lawyers have to honour especially when they are advocates and are part and parcel of BCI. If they are running the practices unethically and trying to cheat the public then they will be removed off the enrollment register. Please get in touch with the BCI and look at the rules and regulations and perhaps talk to one of the clerical officers as to what the ethics are.

Sidharth   02 September 2016

Originally posted by : victimoffraud
Even I'm facing same problem from advocates. If anyone else is facing problems from advocates taking money but not representing properly etc, we must come together and address this brothers.

In delhi, in the premisis of patiala house court, i heared that all the victims of martimonial cases meet together and association name is SAVE INDIAN FAMILY. I heared about this but not sure you may go there if you are in delhi. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 September 2016

Do you have irrefutable evidence of each point that you have posted!

Nitin (AM)     02 September 2016

Dear Mr. Kumar, 

I think I have already explained that we don't any receipt/challan provided by advocate for the payment which has been made. Also, there is no agreement/estimate in written for the payment was made at any stage. It was intially asked for 1 Lac as fee amount orally which is almost paid. 

I don't know what irrefutable evidence you are asking to me provid. Everything was orally and money which is now 5Lac was never discussed even in terms of oral communication. What else, I can input.

How can a advocate force and threatned the client for not paying the fee amount which was never agreed ?? He also don't have irrefutable evidence on his side ? Please advise now and I hope things are clarified now.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 September 2016

Do you have irrefutable evidence of each point that you have posted............................Including threats, that you haver posted!

BCI is authority to approach.

Speak to them and find out what are their requirements.

If there is no evidence of anything on either side then resolve amicably.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register