Share on Email

Share More

milan (x)     17 October 2016

Lawyer oath

Can anyone share any oath if taken at time of getting bar membership

Learning

1 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     17 October 2016

DECLARATIONS 1. I.................................................................................. declare that the facts stated below are true to my knowledge. 2. I further declare that:- (a) I have completed 21 years of my age on OR before the date of this application. (b) I am a citizen of India or A National of a country......................... where citizens of India. duly qualified, are permitted to practise in law. (c) I am not in full or part time employment or service and I am not engaged in any trade business or profession except as follows. (Full particulars to be given here) (d) My Name is not borne on the roll of any other State Bar Council in India. (e) I will not, so long my name is on the roll of Bar Council of ........., apply for enrolment to any other State Bar Council. (f) I have obtained Law degree from ................................ University which has been recognised by the Bar Council of India u/s 24 (i) (c) (iii) of the Advocates Act 1961 and the Law College.............................where I studied for three years is also recognised by the Bar Council of India for imparting Legal Education and is affiliated with............................ University. (g) The statements made in this application are true to my own knowledge, information and bellef. Date.................. Signature of Applicant UNDERTAKING I hereby declare and undertake that:- 1. I shall abide by the canons of professional ethics and others rules laid down from time to time by the Bar Council of India and the Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana. 2. If after my Admission as an Advocate I accept full or part-time service or employment or I am engaged in any trade, business or profession, I shall forthwith inform to the Bar Council of such service, employment or engagement and shall cease to practise as an Advocate forthwith and I shall surrender my Original Enrolment Certificate and identity card to the Bar Council along with my application for voluntarilysuspension of practice. 3. I shall not accept any employment which in the opinion of the Bar Council, is derogatory to the status of an advocates. 4. I shall notify any change in the place of my permanent residence/place of practice to the Bar Council within 90 days of such change. 5. I undertake to produce original law degree by the University before Bar Council, within one year from the date of my enrolment as advocate as the case may be.

Date................ Signature of the Applicant 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register