Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ManjunathH (Salaried)     11 May 2015

Laws applicable for training institution?

Hi Team,

I have recently enrolled for a list of professional copmuter courses in Bangalore (Karnataka). At the time of my enrollment, the lady at the reception was very helping in proivding some of the course related details.

The course fees paid is 28,000/-.

After my enrollment, I have strated experiencing difficulties with this institution - they keep cancelling and rescheduling their classes as per their convenient. All of this was not informed to me by the person registering me at the time of registration. This according to me is "Fraud."

I have now requested for a full refund. The institution are not willing to consider my request and are also quoting their terms from the back of the receipt - "cancellation policy."

Please note: These terms are made available only on the electronically generated receipt which is generetaed after the payment is made. 

So, net net, the institution is working in a way to cause loss and trouble to the students while they make Money from us.

Please provide me guidance / details on Laws available and applicable for such fraudulant instituions in India.

Essentially, I intend to bring this instituion to the applicable / relevant courts in Bangalore and take refund.

Also advise -

1. Am I eligible for a refund. (On bases that the institution did not warm me about their way of functioning - cancelling classes without notice)

2. In addition to refund, am I eligible for compensation? If so, what is the ammount I can claim? Fees I have paid is 28,000/- INR.

3. Which court should I approach and what is the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

M.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register