Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh kumar (Legal Consultant)     12 May 2010

Law firm software (freeware) - case management

Hi All,

This is suresh here. Am doing my Law course and specialization under Cyber law /cyber crime investigation. Am planning to develope a software for Case management as a freeware for any small-medium law firm.

Before that, i would like to get your interest wether software tool will be really useful for Legal firm?

Suresh

Learning

12 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     12 May 2010

Why not, yes necesary.

Smita_L01042008 (student)     12 May 2010

certainly it wil be very useful for lawyers and advocate

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     12 May 2010

Of course, it will be used for Law offices.. most of our club members will be happy

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 May 2010

Waiting for that software

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     12 May 2010

will be a good effort buddy

Shyam Ji Srivastava (Practising Lawyer)     13 May 2010

SURE

aravind kumar kata (advocate)     04 June 2010

yes it is very good for every law firm. And I am thanking you for having this kind of useful ideas for everybody.

Adv. NVM Basheer (Advocate)     05 June 2010

Sure,  I am also thinking the same.  The software should have a file / case management system, more over the advocates are practicing in various courts should have a facility to check their case status through the usage of internet from out stations.  It should have desktop as well as net versions (remorte access).  

Vinod Kumar (Advocate)     05 July 2010

I use litman. its a freeware and it is web-based. Helps me and my colleagues at different locations to work together. Allows citations, calendar etc.

www.litmanonline.com.

our lawfirm's website is also powered by them. www.bhaskaranassociates.in. We give username and password to clients and clients can login and view their case status and details.

They are also coming up with a clerks version to track clerical works i suppose.

Suresh kumar (Legal Consultant)     05 July 2010

Hi vinod,

All legal matters are very sensitive one. Before putting in cloud, lawyers/lawfirms will think t\wice before uploading all the case details to unknown website provider. I strongly suggest the software should work in our desktop and it should be easily movable wherever we are going. Ex, taking in to USB etc.

My desktop version which am preparing is going to meet the above conditions.

Suresh

Vinod Kumar (Advocate)     05 July 2010

valid point suresh.

But since upload is only an optional, we dont use it also. And for the volume of work we have, uploading is not easy too (to scan each document and upload would be waste of time). But some small notes or irrelevant sketches can be uploaded.

However, tracking case status is pretty much effecient in this since i can access it through my GPRS mobile. Updating over the phone is also easier.

Kandavel Murugan (Supervisor)     11 March 2014

Hi Suresh,

I really appreciate that as a student of the Law you have already identified the need for a software in a profession where the margin for error is non existent.   Such a software can be a boon for small or medium law firms who cannot afford to pay a premium for the same.  It would really be a commendable job if you can develop such a software and especially if it is a freeware or shareware.  However, you may need the professional guidance of the lawyers to ensure that the software is complete and can cater to all the needs of the lawyers / legal office.  I would like to assist you in your endeavour.  You may contact me at murugankb@gmail.com 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register