LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarn   26 March 2015

Laptop theft ,police csr copy needs update

Hi All, First of all, Thank u for providing this service. My issue is -> I have complained with the police about my stolen laptop last week. And the case is registered as CSR and I got a copy of the receipt. But the receipt is regional language and it is not having the laptop serial number.I need to report to the laptop company about my stolen laptop, for that I need the police copy in English and also the serial number of the laptop which is available with me in purchase invoice/receipt. Please advice me on how to approach the police to get the complaint receipt translated in english and also adding the serial number of the device? Thank you..

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 March 2015

Just file RTI Application seeking certified copy of Police complaint lodged by you.  If your complaint shows the serial number.

No police station works as per our wishes, and it has it's own prescribed procedure.  Either you can meet him or convince them your necessity or else obtain translated version duly authenticated with copy of complaint in regional language.  Official translators or Advocates or notary may be helpful to you.

This is not a problem but a mere essential formality.  Do not be disturbed and file what all was required before lap top company.  If they object, even after all this, you can think of alternatives.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2015

CSR is just an acknowledgment given by the police for receiving the complaint from you in this regard.  The police have to register a FIR, conduct investigation and submit a non traceable certificate which will enable you to claim the loss of lap top from your company.  So insist on police about this and wait for the certificate to be given by police to process your claim..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register