Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bikram (Student)     22 September 2014

Landlord's sons are threatening to vacate the land.

hello sir,

myself bikram , i lives in kolkata . i'm in a serious land related trouble and writing here for your suggestions.

We are living on a land more than 23 years,my father was brought to the land(where we are living now) by the landlord and had been put there as a caretaker of that land,and in return we used to  pay some amount to landlord as a rent .But there was no agreement between landlord and my father and also landlord never used to give us any receipt in return .we were promised by the landlord that if in future the land will be given to the real estate  for making an apartment we'll be provided a flat .landlord used to live in other city.after his death  suddenly his sons visited us now after 22 years ,& threatened us to vacate that land and they denied the promise of his father and given us a time of 2 weeks vacate the land .

can i apply for law of adverse possession , but though i'm not concerned with the law clearly so, i'm not getting how to go with the law or apply for it and how to cope up with this situation. please help me .badly need your help.thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

sparrow (Apprentice)     23 September 2014

you file a suit for possession of land by virtue of adverse possession. suit could be filed u/s 9 CPC. therein you will have to show adverse possession which should be peaceful, open and continuous . see for judgements of supreme court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register