Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Landlord not cooperating to transfer the name.

I have a shop which is taken leased in the year 1985 paying a position value that is 45,000 to the landloard , and the lease was 99 years. now my father health condition is poor and he wants to sell out the possition to a new tanent and in this case asked the landord to help to transfer the name and issue a new receipt for the new tenent. The landlord is not taking the rent since 2015 and we are ready to pay the rent but he is not intentionally taking it. My father already taken advance from the new tanent and promised to give the position to the new tanent by december. But the landlord is harrasing us and my father is a high blood pressure and in this stage tension is not good for his health. Please sir help me what we can do in this case. We donot have any lease deed as it was taken in the year 1985 and that time the lease deed was not needed , but i have all money receipt of the rent that i paid till 2015. In this situation how can i sell out the position to the new tanent. Help me please .. I am in big trouble..

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     22 November 2017

This may sound harsh but let me be frank wih you. Since you have no lease deed, you practically have no case. Your rent receipts would at best give you the status of a month-to-month tenant and the lanlord can determine  (terminate) the tenancy with a 30 days' notice. That the landlord is not accepting the rent is making his intent very clear. And, you cannot just induct a third party as tenant just like that; you've no such right. It's the landlord's property; he has a vested right in it, not to just deny tranfer of tenancies like that. Suggestion....move out, you are almost tresspassing, or worse, a squatter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register