LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shakeel (Admin Officer)     01 October 2012

Landlord not accepting rent from 2005 and pretend to be busy

Dear Sir, we are the tenant of kolkata , and are staying in a house from 1949 . and this is a very old building from the british time. 

Please help me to get rent receipt from the land lord lady as she is not accepting/ taking the rent from 2005 , before 2005, she used to take 1 year rents all at a time , as she does not want to come to take for monthly rental. due to this we also forget to pay the rent for 3 years when we asked to land lord lady that when should we come to your house to collect the rent receipt. and why do you want to take the money. but the land lord lady shows herself very busy and say ok come next month. ok come on this date, but again when we go and ask for the rent she says o ho i have this problem that problem come next time i will give you the rent receipt. 

by this way it has passed 7 years (as because we also got many problem and could not get time to ask the rent receipt but when ever we meet we ask for the rent receipt) and in these time all tenant did whole building maintainance by their own cost. 

now landlord lody demands to sign on a NOC paper that we tanant want to build new building and cut 30 % of space and accepted the rent hike .

Please help us soon what to do now ?

Learning

1 Replies

DAULAT DILBAUG (Problems related to money marriage matters.-dostnaye@gmail.com)     02 October 2012

Get a local advocate for filing case in court for depositing rent. N o increase can be demanded.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register