Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vibhash (Other)     22 December 2013

Landlord is deducting unreasonable amount from security depo

Hi,

My landlord is not returning my security deposit, and is deducting unreasonable amount from me.  

I moved in on 27/10/2013 and vacated his apartment on 14/12/2013.

Security Deposit- 125000. He has returned 70000.

I vacated his house on 14/12/2013, and before that he got the house inspected several times with Apartment Propcare and a Real Estate Management agent who was accessing the damage.

1) Painting - When we moved into house 27/10/2010 it was not painted and he even told he'll not deduct this amount, but he is deducting. He is not painted or spend a single rupee in maintenance in these 3 years.

2) Kitchen Cabinates & Wardrobes - All the issues are wear & tear, nothing is broken but for this also he is charging.

3) Kitchen Stove(Gilma) - We haven't used it from past 2 years so spark is not coming and probably requires servicing. But even when we moved in it was not working and I got it serviced.

4) Door Painting - Again no damages to door. But he is asking 2500 for painting, when it was not newly painted before we moved in 3 years ago.

5) Rental Agreement- The rental agreement is 3 years old which says 15000 rent. But he never renewed that in past 3 years. He told he'll renew it and courier it to me for my signature, but he never did that. I have emails to prove that.

He has increased rent not according to rental agreement. He increased 16500 + Maintenance(20000/year) from 15000. His latest increase was 21000 + Maintenance 30% higher than old 16500 + maintenance. 

After he increased the rent 30% then I decided to move out.

Best Regards.

Learning

1 Replies

Vibhash (Other)     22 December 2013

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register