Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amith   27 May 2019

Landlord does not provide rent receipt - pagdi system flat

Hi all,

We are staying under Pagdi system flat for the last 40 years. The agreement was made under my grandmother and landlord's grandmother, both of them have passed away. Currently, I and Person A are staying both are the legal heir of that flat.

I have some queries regarding this matter:

- Is there a need for agreement renewal between us and landlord. No new agreement has been made after my grandmother's demise.

- The landlord had transferred flat onto his mother's name without informing us and didn't create any new agreement between his mother and our grandmother.

- The landlord has not provided any rent receipt for the last 20+ years!

- He is not agreeing to renew the agreement.

- Under what circumstances he can provide eviction notice.

Currently, we are not paying any rent to the landlord. We have cleared all previous dues, now we are stuck in between where we don't have any legal proof which says we are the tenants of that flat (although we are the legal heir and old rent agreement is present with us). The landlord took all the rent amount and is neither ready to provide any rent receipt nor renewing the new agreement.

Can someone please guide me?!

Thanks,

Amith

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     27 May 2019

do you have any kind of proof which says you or family is in possession of house from last 40 years

Amith   27 May 2019

Yes, we have kept all old documents and old rent receipts safely. Also, all govt documents have address of the current flat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register