LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

britto   04 September 2017

Landlord accept only cash payments.not providing pan details

Landlord is not taking flat rent in any other mode except cash payment and even not sharing his PANCARD detail to the tenants in my flat (Tenant require PANCARD number while filling his/her HR investment proof) , then what are the Govt./IT dep laws agianst the lanlord, basis on tenant can file FIR?  This is  not only my problem . This is the common problem in metro cities of India, where most of landord (if i say 99%, it would not be wrong) doing room rent bussiness in black way. Finally tenant is sufferring.   

Can anyone please help me to avail the tax excemption and teach a good lesson to this crook . This fraud ( my flat owner) have got 3 buildings and 30 portion in each building/flat and not paying tax for any of his income (except  for his govt salary) . If we didn't provide rental receipt , we will not be eligible to avail the tax exemption . 

FYI .  He is just working as a Assistant Engineer in EB and built three buildings ( You know how he made it) 

Learning

7 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     04 September 2017

What is the rental money? You can report the matter to IT.

britto   05 September 2017

11 k / month 

VARUN MAHAJAN (Proprietor)     05 September 2017

U MAY CONTACT THE INCOME TAX OFFICER FOR FILING OF YOUR COMPLAINT IN THE SAID MATTER.

WHEREAS U MAY GET A BENIFIT OF 60 THOUSAND YEARLY WITHOUT RENT AGREEMENT UNDER SECTION 80GG THIS IS THE ONLY REMEDY 

Mahendra   27 September 2017

Hi Britto,

That is very sad. You are right, you should teach him a lesson. You can complain to IT Department but not sure how they will help you or not. And even after knowing this if we do not teach them, it is not good for our society. 

I wish you good luck.

sreemannarayana mallela   28 January 2018

no problem sir you can his pan from it dept website

sreemannarayana mallela   28 January 2018

but you need his DOB

pkpworld.. (consultant)     04 February 2018

you can file a tax evasion petition (confidential letter ) to the the income Tax directorate located at your capital city.  The appropriate authority can take action after necessary dicret enquary.  But it should be in proper way otherwise all will vain. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register