LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roopinder Singh (Sr. Manager)     21 April 2015

Land mutation

We have an agricultural land in Punjab bought by my father in 1983 and upon his death mutated on myself and my brother's name. Now, my brother has expired last month survived by legal heirs as wife and 2 minor kids (7 years & 2 years).

Would like to know:

1. In lieu of my brother now whose name would be mutated??

2. Besides wife, whether kids name is mutated in brothers share of land. If yes, then what is the procedure for selling the land?? Who will sign on behalf of minors?? I have heard that for selling land permission has to be taken from court which is time consuming procedure and sometimes even courts refuse/raise questions complicating the matter. Naturally, we want to avoid this cumbersome procedure to make land sale smooth and my bhabhi is also in agreement on these complications.

Suggest some alternate legal procedure to avoid above situation so that we can mutate in name of bhabhi only!!

3. What are the repercussions in long run if  ---   1 ) kids name is mutated and 2) if kids name is not mutated?

4. Land ownership passed on as follows in case of my brother,    Father - Son - Wife or kids. Is this land classified as ancestral land? What does Hindu United Family say on this and is it applicable??

For any clarifications, please let me know. Else can speak to me at 9717493309.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 April 2015

You have to mention all names of legal heirs of the property in the application.whether minor or major. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register