LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queryist   22 August 2019

Land illegally grabbed-need help

Experts, need your kind help. My land has been illegally grabbed in December of 2018 and an illegal wall has been built on it. Pradhan of my village in Azamgarh is very corrupt and has been a pradhan for at least fifteen years. He had purchased a land to built a house close to my land and in December of 2018, his labourers were working on his house when he opportunistically used the brick and cement supply he brought to build his house, he used it to build a wall on my property and illegally grabbing it in the process.

I called the police when the wall was being built,but the police officer on scene refused to stop the wall from being built and refused to file the FIR when I asked. I complained to the DIG Azamgarh who then asked the officer to investigate and provide report, to that the officer created a basic report as khana purti, stating all is peaceful right now and closed the inquiry. I submitted a complaint to SDM and DM of Azamgarh and on bhu mafia portal, but, no proper investigation was done. Instead, the following story was told: A scheduled caste worker of the Pradhan had given money some years ago to other khatedars on my land, in front of the pradhan, but no baynama was done. Since all these years no baynama was done, this scheduled caste worker decided to just grab the land and build the illegal wall on it. That is what Lekhpals wrote on the report they submitted to SDM, who then blindly signed the report and closed the inquiry.

Experts, this is a clear situation of illegal land grab and injustice and corruption at play. My biggest problem is the government officials who refuse to do their job properly which has allowed this illegal land grab. They just don't care, don't want to listen, don't want to help, just been ignoring my pleas. I've complained to CM Yogi's office, UP PanchayatiRaj, DM, SDM of Azamgarh, UP DSP, DGP, SP, but all requests fell on deaf ears. Pradhan is highy corrupt and has accumulated a lot of money while in the position, thus, now misusing it to illegally grab land of people of his own village.

Please guide me as I want to address and resolve this problem at the earliest rather than getting stuck in lengthy civil cases, where, I'd be running from pillars to post, while this pradhan and his scheduled caste worker enjoy on my land for years. Can I file illegal trespassing complaint? if yes, how to do? How and who should I complain to about the incompetency of the govt officials so that they take this seriously? Is there someone I can complain to about the Pradhan for his investigation? My goal is to free my land from this illegal grab in the corrupt Azamgarh legal system without getting stuck for years fighting civil cases. I've seen videos and read about many DM and SDMs outside of Azamgarh, showing their authority to gain proper law and order in illegal land grabbing situations, but, in Azamgarh, all officials seem indifferent to this problem. Please guide.

Sincerely,

Queryist

Learning

1 Replies

Badampet Santhosh   18 September 2019

not useful

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register