LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak kumar   21 April 2018

Land dispute

My parents are getting old and living in the same village house my grandfather and his brother lived as combined family. My parents sent me away from home at a very young age to make a life. I studied and now have been working in different cities. Meanwhile my grandfather and his brother passed away. Now in the same house my younger grandfather's (grandfather's brother) son and grandchildren live as separate family and my father's elder brother and his sons and grandchildren live as another separate family. The house is divided as rooms. My younger grandfather's family has half the rooms and rest of the rooms are devided between my father and his brother. As I work in a different city so my parents have to live alone (they won't move with me even I insisted), but the other families living in the house have the young generation and they are taking advantage of it. Always trying to make life difficult for my parents. Their kids always cursing and finding ways to trouble them. The house and land hasn't been devided on paper since generations. Is there any way I can get the land of my part in one side so that I can build a separate house for my parents? Can I have it registered on paper? Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     21 April 2018

File Partition suit in civil court of competent jurisdiction.

1) Issue legal notice to your cousin for partition of the property.

2) If he refuses file suit for partition of property by meets and bound

3) Best is to enter into deed of family settlement / partition so that you don’t have to go to court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register