Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Imran Chunawala (Cost Controller)     19 July 2011

LLB 3 Years Admission

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone guide me on this.

I want to enroll for 3 year LLb course in any Mumbai college, which offers admission without Entrance, on graduation merit basis.

But My main concern is that I have passed B.Com in 2 attempts (Pass Class)

Is there any college in Mumbai which offers admission even to Pass Class students

Also is there any age limit for enrollment in the said course, I heard about 30 years age limit, but not sure whether its been implemented yet ot not.

Please Help me for the above,

Thanks

Imran

Learning

20 Replies

abhay (advocate)     20 July 2011

there is no limitation for age and no nessery of percentage you can do your llb

BAPOO M. MALCOLM (Advocate and Empanelled Arbitrator Bombay High Court I 7809 OS 14436)     20 July 2011

Just apply to  all the colleges. You are sure to get into one.

BUT study better this time. It's going to be your bread and butter.

Bapoo M Malcolm

Arpit (none)     20 July 2011

I am going to start preparing for 3 year LL.B .Please tell me which books should i refer according to different sections of the paper.

1 Like

Piyush Shah (Proprietor)     20 July 2011

If u get admission please let every one know.

There could be many students not getting admission due to qualification bar.

BAPOO M. MALCOLM (Advocate and Empanelled Arbitrator Bombay High Court I 7809 OS 14436)     21 July 2011

Start with the bare acts. End with the bare acts.

And spend time in the library after discussing with your professor.

Common authors are Mulla, Avtar Singh, Takwani.

Bapoo M Malcolm

Amarnath chakravarty (advocate)     23 July 2011

You can every law college of mumbai I don't know whether there is any entrence exzm held in for the admission in the law faculty or not if not than any college easily admitted you best of luck

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     23 July 2011

HI 

WHAT I THINK REGARDING ADMISSION 

TO GENERAL PASS OUT STUDENT IF U R FROM GENERAL CATEGORY  THEN MINIMUM MARKS IN GRADUATION IS------- 45%

AND FOR RESERVE CATEGORY I THINK MINIMUM PASSING MARKS (BUT DONT KNOW EXACTLY ABT THIS )

Also is there any age limit for enrollment in the said course---->YES LOT OF DISCUSSION IS GOING ON 

THERE IS PROPOSAL  FOR BAR OF AGE TO ADMISSION TO LL.B. COURSE .PROPOSAL IS THAT AGE SHOULD BE MADE 30 YEAR MAXIMUM .HOWEVER THIS PROPOSAL HAS BEEN ACCEPTED 

OR NOT I DONT KNOW . CHECK OUT IN CONCERN UNIVERSITY 

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     23 July 2011

am going to start preparing for 3 year LL.B .Please tell me which books should i refer according to different sections of the paper.

UNIVERSAL LAW PUBLICATION  BOOK WOULD BE BEST 

GOOD LUCK 

freeme (service)     26 July 2011

Dear All,

I am an Engineer from 1st class Univ.
Have 8 Years MNC experience at Corporate.

Wanted to Leave stable job & join Law. It was a very well thought decision.

I am 32. There is a bar of 30 years. The case is pending at SC. They say it is a stay order. Some private law college(under university)agreed to admit me. But they say if , in future, SC decides that there should be a bar of 30Y for 3 years LLB, then my admission will be cancelled, I will not be able to complete LLB. If the rule comes after by pass out, then my degree will not be valid & I will not be able to register in the BAR COUNCIL.

Colleges urge me to sign and accept the above mentioned situation before admission.

Please help me.

I am very much confused and this is a lot of money which I have to pay within a very short time to assure my admission.

regards

Imran Chunawala (Cost Controller)     27 July 2011

@ BAPOO M. MALCOLM

Thanks Sir for ur immediate reply, but I tried to get myself enrolled for the course but couldn't because of my graduation marks.

I think I have only 1 choice left now as first I complete masters course (MCOM) then take admission in LLB on MCOM basis, but by that time I'll be 31 years old.

BR

freeme (service)     28 July 2011

BAPOO M. MALCOLM

Sir, BCI is still forcing colleges not to admit the people above 30. I had communication with the secretory.

Is their really any stay order on the 30years age bar. Has SC decided on the PIL.

I dont know why people are not taking the point seriously? This will hit many law students who are getting admission without knowing the age bar and their hard work will go to vain.

Regards

BAPOO M. MALCOLM (Advocate and Empanelled Arbitrator Bombay High Court I 7809 OS 14436)     28 July 2011

The problem is that the authorities everywhere impose their "authority" everytime. Even if no such rule exists, they arbitrarily decide knowing full well that very few will oppose them. Get a good lawyer and ask them for an explanation.

Then again even if you get admitted; can you be sure you will not be harassed for the next 3 years?

It's sad but that's the truth.

BAPOO M MALCOLM

freeme (service)     28 July 2011

Sir, As I understand, Law is a subject which clears the doubts.

Till now no body could tell me the exact status of the case.

I have simply asked 2 questions.

Q1: What is the status of the 30 Years age bar rule given by BCI. Is there any stay order by Supreme court.

Q2: If today(when there seems no bar in the LLB for 32 years old like me because of the stay order) I get an admission and after 6 months SC passes a Law and more that 30 years LLB gets banned, then where can anyone restrict me to get my LLB.

Law should answer them Sir.

Regards

This question

BAPOO M. MALCOLM (Advocate and Empanelled Arbitrator Bombay High Court I 7809 OS 14436)     29 July 2011

If you get an admission, you can complete your course. No court will grant such an order with retrospective effect. It can be successfully challenged.

Just make sure there is no undertaking on your part or a disclaimer on the part of the college.

Please emember that an institution has a right to refuse admission, though an overt age bar cannot hold. I do not know which college you are referring to. Bombay's LLB classes have started.

BAPOO M MALCOLM

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register