LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viaji kirthi (Manager)     07 August 2012

Kindly help me to expose the karnataka football association

"NAMASTHE" I have the honor to invite your kind attention as I leave in deep South, My town is an District Head Quarters which consists of 1,32000 Population, Friend of mine run an Popular Football Club in my city, Which the Club had contributed my Players to the Indian Army Time in the recent past, This Year also the Club had Succeeded to send 5 players to the Army Team. The District association is Recognized by the Karnataka State Football Association, where the District Association is having good Resources from the State Association from several years, the District association is having some Fake Teams in there banner and get lots of money from the State Association and Both have mingled in the Malign activity and had never entertained us in the association, All the office Bearers are of the same Nature and the District Association doesn’t given any opportunity to become a member in there association, our Association had been Torched enough to bear all the Pain. I have reported to the State association. But they are also of the same nature and knowingly they have kept undermined us. As the State Football Association doesn’t comes under the RTI act, Kindly advice me to tackle them in getting the Justice, The State association Governing Body Consists of Four Office Bearers from the Govt. Of Karnataka The Commissioner of Education & youth service department, Public Works & electricity Department, Financial Commissioner, Finance Department & Director General of Sports Kindly guide me to get the Justice from the RTI act to solve my Grievance. I shall be much obliged for a line in Reply. Thanking You…….  Vijai kirthi, Mandya

Learning

1 Replies

Archana Pandey   17 January 2022

RTI Act 2005 has acted as a tool in increasing transparency and it has also acted as an anti-corruption tool. Through the information obtained from the filing of RTI Application, many cases of corruption have been exposed. Through accessibility to information and transparency people come to know about the amount spent by the representatives and amount allotted for any project. They also know the ground status of what has been done. This makes the representatives accountable and to reduce the chances of corruption.

Success Stories of Right to Information Act, 2005

RTI Act, 2005 has been able to bring in light a large number of scams and irregularities. Some of the major ones are as follows:

In a past reply dated April 24, 2020, on an RTI application filed by activist Saket Gokhale, RBI has provided the list of top 50 Indian defaulters making a total of Rs. 68607 Crore. The information was not provided by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman, despite it was asked by Rahul Gandhi.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register