LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Sharma   12 October 2018

Kindly confirm

Respected experts, Kindly enlighten on the following.. During the finalization of permanent alimony the wife's lawyer mentioned about the properties of husband. But they gave the details of husband's parents properties. Husband has a house only which was jointly owned along with his uncle. Husband strongly submitted that parents property cannot be a yardstick for determining quantum of alimony for wife. Now the court has passed an order directing the husband to produce details of joint family properties. What does it mean? Shall the husband produce details of his property jointly owned with his uncle or that includes the parents self acquired properties also ? Kindly elaborate. Regards.

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Jain   12 October 2018

it would only include properties which are held jointly or fully by you and parents self acquired property need not be disclosed as your wife cannot claim any share in the same.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

The court is asking details of joint FAMILY properties. I think that includes my parents properties as well. Kindly go through my post above. Rgds

The court is asking details of joint FAMILY properties. I think that includes my parents properties as well. Kindly go through my post above. Rgds

TGK REDDI   13 October 2018

A wife can't claim share in any properties whatever.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register