Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhu (S/W Engineer)     05 January 2014

Kanesumari number using to register our property

Hi Experts,

We have an property (130 * 135 ) where my house located, behind to my house in my vilege. Actaully we don't have any document which says as it is belongs to us. But we have Kanesumari Number and there is no details about this property belongs to us. Now we approached Secratory (PDO) to make Katha to our name in Panchayat office, But they are saying it's not belongs your family, hence by default it belongs to Grama tana and some of the village people also opposing us to make katha.

Can anybody please suggest which is the way to make katha ? as we are using this property since more than a 80 years and we don't have any documents.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 January 2014

File a declaration suit on the basis of evidences for your living in that place with the help of whatever evidences in your possession on the subject.

Madhu (S/W Engineer)     06 January 2014

Hi Kalaiselva,

Can you please elaborate ? does it mean we can declare suit which is belongs to us. But we have only kanesumari number and these numbers does not have details like size of the property and does not have checkbandi and all.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     08 January 2014

It is difficult to claim an open land belonging to government/Grama Tana. There was a possibility of claiming it by adverse possession, if you would had obtained some sort of Municipal No, Electricity connection, water connection, Land line telephone connection by managing the concerned authorities. There were chances of claiming by Adverse possession or declaration of title in the court by showing the above proofs. You said that you are using the land since 80 years, kindly clarify me in what way you are using the open land. Have you constructed any shed/pacca house etc. If you are in possession of the land for 30 years, you can claim the property by adverse possession against the government.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register