Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

soni   03 March 2015

Jurisdiction of criminal case

Dear Members,

I am not living together with my husband for the last 3 years. He willifully neglected me and went abroad 2 years back. He and his family kept his whereabouts as secret.

10 days back he sends me an email saying that he is getting divorced and sending me a oficial divorce letter.

I found out that he is in Australia. What should i do now? What that divorce letter means?

He has not given me anything till now, not even a single rupee infact took my savings accounts and spent 1.5 lakhs, after that i closed that account.

Will i get my money back from him or not? I want my wedding jewellery and other belongings also, can i take that from him? Please advice me, i consulted a lawyer over phone, he is asking me to file cases otherwise i will not any of my belongings back, is it true?

Please advice.

Learning

4 Replies

Jameela (NA)     03 March 2015

sorry  a typo-
P got the property from Q.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 March 2015

Australia court order cannot be implemented in India. It must come through Indian courts/embassy only. You can file a case with women police station at your residing area. They will help you how and what to do ? 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     03 March 2015

i think he would have got a exparte divorce in australia.dont worry such kind of divorce is not valid in india.if he remarries thinking he is legally divorced he would be held guilty for the offecnce of bigamy.

SuperHero (Manager)     03 March 2015

I respect Ramachary and Sarvanan sir’s advice.

What in case if the husband doesn’t come to India at all.

If he remarries in Australia, who will know?

Even if the wife in India files the cases, it takes many years if the case gets contested and even if an exparte is given.

Consider how much time the courts take? Please think and evaluate all the options. The best is MCD.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register